Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bosque ll


Bosque ll
6x8 oil on canvas $100.

Yesterday's painting of the Socorro Bosque was painted plein air (on location) but todays' was painted from a photo I took, then displayed on my monitor. I enjoy painting from the monitor because it illuminates the shadow areas where as a photo usually prints the shadows too dark.
This view position was turned around from the other one and the sun was behind all the gathering clouds. It makes for a cool toned painting.
Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie