Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Farmhouse near Green Valley



Farmhouse

6x8in oil on canvas board $100.

This lovely place was near Green Valley, AZ. Obviously a more fertile place than where I live in New Mexico. I was really attracted to the area as it had many, beautiful places for an artist to paint. I hope to return and paint some of the wonderful mountain spots there.
This was done with a simple "analogous" color harmony. Mother Nature came up with it long before all the color theories came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie