Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Flower Stall


Flower Stall
6x8in oil on canvas board 100.

I really admire the market people who get out early to set up their stalls. You can see some amazing and creative displays - especially with the vegetables. But on this particular day it was the flower lady who caught my attention as she was lovingly going through everything, snipping and talking to each bunch as if they were her children.
A painting with colors as bright as this one needs "grays" to balance the painting, otherwise the colors would look garish instead of rich, so there are green, mauve,blue and even red grays in here. I mixed in the complement of each color to achieve them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie