Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Made in Japan


Made in Japan

8x6 oil on canvas board $100.

An artist in Japan hand made this little gem of a vase, which was my good fortune to find on my recent trip to Santa Fe.
The glowing turquoise glaze on the top melts into a rich, deep blue and then falls to a dark brown base. Is so beautiful that I know I will never be able to capture it but it will be a joy to paint. I painted a coral color as an accent as I love the turquoise and coral combinations in native american jewelry from New Mexico.
The white freesias are in there just to bring me pleasure.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie