Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Monday, September 19, 2011

The Shawl


The Shawl

8x6in oil on canvas board $100.

This is another fast painting. We had two hours to paint the model... including her breaks.
It was a warm light source so I knew the shadows had to be cool but there was a lot of light bouncing around making it hard to work with the white shawl because there were no dark shadows to help show the folds. The model was very beautiful with a red rose in her hair but I chose to leave it out. Hard enough to do the face fast and this small, never mind a rose too!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful, the model looks like a china doll. So much lovelier for being painted from life, I think.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie