Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Sun and Shadows ll


Sun and Shadows ll

6x8in oil on canvas board $100.

This is the second of my paintings for the Rectangle Challenge on Daily Paintworks. You would think I would be more comfortable after doing three landscapes yesterday but this was very challenging - pun intended. The different but very slight variations in the sunlit grass proved to be the most difficult. Not to have it "too mosaic" in appearance but still have it look as if it was sunny and green next to the white flowers took a lot of concentration. The blue on the table is not quite as blue as this image but I could not get it perfect on the computer.
I am enjoying this challenge very much and I do like this painting.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie