Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sun and Shadows


Sun and Shadows

6x8in oil on canvas board $100.

This morning I joined the Las Cruces Plein Air Painters at a beautiful location called Dripping Springs. I decided to try the Daily Painters Rectangle Challenge. The goal is to use a rectangle stroke ONLY - any direction - and to change the color or value with EVERY stroke. Great fun and more difficult than it sounds. The result is a painting which does not look like one of my landscapes but you can tell there is a bush, a mountain, reflections, stones, ground, sun and shadows.

Go to Daily Paintworks and check out all the entries the Challenge. There are some really neat ones.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie