Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Changing a Challenge



Rose and Silver with Fruit.

6x8in  oil on canvas board  100.

This is the first time I have participated in the Rookiepainter Challenge #30. If you click on the link you will see my painting. Scroll down and you will see the photo of what is provided to copy.
I enjoyed doing it and then I enjoyed making the changes, which you see above, to make it unique and my own. Only one area was not changed. Do you have a favorite?

Someone asked why I did the Challenges. A good question and easy to answer. For me, it is like cooking the meals when all the children were around. Coming up with what to make was sometimes a problem. The same goes with painting these small paintings...what to paint? It is never a problem with my large pieces but trying come up with something every day can be challenging and obviously they would not use the title if it was not the same for many an artist.

Thank you for reading my blog.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hello Julie,
    I saw your painting on Rookiepainter. I liked it very much but the changed one I like much more and that is mostly because of the rose. I think the peony is to much for this still life. By the way: I like your way/style of painting. Very nice! My painting is coming within a view days. I'm already working on it.
    See you around.
    Renate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie, nice painting. I love the challenges, but trying to paint them is what brought me to the realization that my drawing needed some work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting, I like the way you dit it!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie