Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Relaxing Cats



Relaxing Cats   SOLD

6x8in  oil on linen board  100.

I bet it is a bit of a surprise to see no roses!

Today I felt like painting something different after working for several hours on a large landscape. This was a fun painting to do. I know these cats very well and felt quite nostalgic painting three of them together as there are only two alive now.
I used the same round brush again, but had to go to a much smaller round to do the ears




I
s.

1 comment:

  1. Very content cats, sitting in the warm sun! Love those colours blue green against the ochre/orange walls, many of the old buildings around here are a similar colour. Like the balance too that you have achieved with the two on the left and the dark in the top right, nice little paintingthis

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie