Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Rose in the Style of Picasso



Picasso Rose

8x6in  oil on canvas board   100.

Painting in the style of means not copying an artist's actual painting, but coming up with your own interpretation...which is much easier and fun!
Picasso produced an immense output of work. I have read it is over 20,000 pieces, which boggles my mind.  His creative versatility and the ability to continually develop new stylistic resources, led him along the path of having as many critics as admirers.
I am an admirer - his work has never bored me.

"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterwards you can remove all traces of reality."
Pablo Picasso


.


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. AH! Now I see your second one! I really love this Julie. Wonderful vibrant colors and curly cues and zigzags! You did Picasso proud. Thanks to for his quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picasso would be proud of your painting, Julie : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely glowing piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took this to be a Picasso! It's really bloody quite good actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really thought this was a Picasso. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. when did you paint it

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie