Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Roses and Silver



Roses and Silver

6x6in   oil on canvas board  85.

This is a continuation of yesterday's quick study. This morning I saw that the rose had not only perked its head up, but had started to open. By placing it down by the side of the silver creamer and adding more leaves it filled out the square format in a more interesting way. I tried to make the color a little more lively in keeping with the drama of the overhead light.

Shakespeare has a line that I hold close to my chest.
Beauty is brought about by judgment of the eye. 
To my eye, this is more beautiful than what I painted yesterday.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Wonderful colors...keep up the talented work!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie