Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wild Rose Bowl



Wild Rose Bowl

8x6in  oil on canvas  100.

I was going to call this Rose Bowl but then I thought I would get some football fans expecting something else!

I was assured that it is a "wild rose" design by the friend who gave it to me. Whatever it is called, it is a beautiful bowl and I enjoyed painting it.

I used the palette knife as well as the brush  and followed the color wheel,
going from blue into green, mixed from blue with yellow and ended with the orange accents.

1 comment:

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie