Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

After the Storm



After the Storm

8x6in oil on canvas panel  100.

This was done from a photo.
The dull colors with the light starting to break through
onto the lake, speak to me of clean, fragrant air and sunshine ahead.
I love my sunshine!

Artist Note.

This is a palette knife and tonal painting,
Golden rule of reflections...they are the same height/width and shape
as what they are reflecting.
Moving water can change that rule somewhat!




Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Julie, the colors in this are perfect. In fact I was working on a very large acrylic abstract of a row of trees for my home and was picturing colors like these, but could not quite get them.

    This is such a gorgeous piece!

    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your colors as usual even though they are more muted. There's a lot going on and enjoy spending time looking. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin - yes they are more muted than usual but every so often it does me good not to rely on color to catch the eye.
      Thanks for leaving such a nice comment.

      Delete
  3. Boy you nailed it! The cold crisp air comes through perfectly. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,
      Good to know you think I caught the atmosphere.You really catch an emotional quality in your own work.

      Delete
  4. Julie, just a note to say how much I am enjoying your posts. You always have something relvant to say. This is a beautiful painting. Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen - you sure know how to make me feel good.
      The callas I painted two days ago were inspired by the photo on your blog. They must be blooming there...I have to buy them here.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the note on reflections. This is a beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. You do beautiful work yourself. cannot wait for you to start your own blog.

      Delete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie