Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Fracturing the Flowers



Flowers - Spider Mums and Alstroemeria.

6x8in  oil on canvas panel   SOLD

Artist Note

This is one of the paintings I did when I was exploring
and developing my fracturing technique.
I decided to post an older one because although
I painted today I could not do anything I liked.
I did spend some time painting though.

I would like to link you to a post sent to me by
Sharon Rose Smith
She came out for two days to learn Fracturing and
did a great job...I mean a really great job
We hit it off and became fast friends.


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. It's always nice to see your paintings, Julie, whether they're new or older. I visited Sharon Rose Smith and how lucky she was to spend two days with you learning the fracturing technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, How are you doing? I'm still not painting. My wrist surgery is too tender. I am doing good to do my housechores. Love your spider MUMs piece. wonder vibrant colors in the piece. I didn't sign up for our Placitas studio tour. Just cannot deal with much right now myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see your paintings again and again! Gorgeous mix of colors and textures. Lucky the person who owns this painting! I will follow the link to see your friends work. I hope you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning and explosive bouquet, this goes to show , that old or new , you just couldn't help it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you haven't posted this one before, I don't see why, because it is lovely. I hope you are well, and not too busy, since I haven't heard much from you lately. Me am busy as a bee, getting ready for my exhibition, only 4 weeks left. I wish a day had more than 24 hours, there isn't enough time to work, getting things ready and paint, though I try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful and so bright and cheery with color! And not only were the comments not there, this post didn't even pop up on my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This painting is a great example of your technique, Julie!

    I checked out ms Smith's blog and loved her interpretation of your technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful painting Julie!! No wonder it sold.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie