Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Roses from Peggy's Garden


Rose Study 6"X 8" oil on canvas $100.

I guess the nest series will have to wait because the flowers certainly will not. Just picked yesterday these roses were wilting by the time I had finished painting them.
This study of the roses took a longer than I anticipated because I was forgetting to paint only the
impression of them and started to capture every detail. The trouble with having a background as an illustrator is detail is what the client usually wanted. I am working hard at suggesting detail instead of a photographic image.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie