Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Nature's Houses



Nests, Eggs and Feathers

6X8 oil on canvas 100.


These are some of the smaller birds nests. All are different in some way. The inner linings are quite wonderful...for example, the right front one is very shallow - about 4 inches across and completely lined with soft feathers and lint. I have to find out what type of bird makes this nest as comfort is obviously important! A thought just occurred... maybe the egg shell is very fragile for that particular bird and a very soft lining is important? Anyone know?
A couple of the nests had whole eggs still in them and some had broken shells.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Julie.. very complex and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, Lynne. You are generous in your support of other artists and I really appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie