Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Freesia Study #2

oil on canvas 6"x8" $80.

The freesias are opening up along the stem. The tiny end buds do not seem to open when they are from the store but when I grow them in my garden every single bud opens up.
This piece was a rush job as I worked on some larger paintings today and almost forgot that I am trying to do a small painting a day.
I painted this study very quickly - going for the basic shapes plus light and dark patterns. It certainly is a good way to not get into too much detail.
Tomorrow I will get back to the birds nests.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie