Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Technique







Two ways of painting the same object. The first one I painted more carefully
with thinner paint application and the second one was painted much faster
with thicker, juicy strokes. Which one appeals to you most?
Understanding what we respond to and why, is how we decide our
direction in painting. I am full of admiration for artists who know from the start
how they are going to paint. For me it has been a process of continual
exploration...still in process.

1 comment:

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie