Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas to All



















Flowers from Beverley

6x8in oil on canvas board   $125.


Wishing everyone a lovely, peaceful Christmas.
Christmas Eve is my favorite time of the whole holiday.
It is our tradition to enjoy a nice meal, open gifts and go to the
candlelight service after viewing the
luminaria display (candles in brown bags) in historic Mesilla.
New Mexico is a wonderful place to be during the holidays.
Here is a jovial song on our traditions. It takes a couple of
fun, and hopefully, interesting minutes. Click on to enjoy.
Christmas in New Mexico
Thank you Beverley for the lovely flowers.
A nice change from all the red and green I have been painting
Of course...that could be why you chose them!!!!!

Artist Note.

I am so appreciative of all the supportive comments.
I thank each and every one of you.
Please know my internet problems still exist.
Damage was done and
a new computer is on its way.
Will be back in a few days.


24 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas,dear Julie, in your beautiful country!
    Here is very cold,perfect time to stay at home!
    Warm greetings,Rita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita, thank you for the sentiment. It was pretty cold here today too, but the sun was shining and we enjoyed a nice walk.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Julie. Enjoy your day and thank you for all your generous posts and comments. peace......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyeux Noël Julie ! Merry Chhristmas !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very happy day - thank you Lydie. Hope you enjoyed the day too.

      Delete
  4. Hope your Christmas Eve was as beautiful as it sounds and may you have a peace filled day today right on through 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been peaceful and loving. What could be better.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  5. This painting is a beautiful explosion of color, Julie!! It shouts "Celebrate"!
    And as we celebrate this special day, I wish you and yours peace and love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peace and Love - wouldn't it be wonderful if the world was filled with it?

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas Julie ! Love the New Mexico Christmas song...very joyful, OLE' ! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry one to you to Jane. My day was perfect and I hope yours was too

      Delete
  7. I hope you are enjoying the holidays, like I enjoy your painting, lovely vibrant colors, full of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Holidays, let's enjoy the season.

    btw, I am a new follower now ^^

    http://sketchesofwords.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for becoming a follower and I am on yours now too. Love your work. fresh and original.

      Delete
  9. Dear Julie - thank you for your wonderful post - hope you will soon be up and working in the New year - looking forward to following your lovely posts and art - thanks for taking the time to visit me - Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a lovely time of year and I am painting every day. Hope you have time for some creativity too.

      Delete
  10. Christmas Eve was celebrated in my home much the same way. It was such a special night. Thank you for the music reference - loved it!! Look forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I am looking forward to seeing what we both do in 2013.

      Delete
  11. love this floral. did you do the artbyte yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that went off all on its own. Yes, and I am concerned that the video files are too large as I did it in real time. I wanted everyone who was interested to be able to see exactly how I work.
      We will see if it can be put together.
      What will be will be

      Delete
  12. Lovely colours.
    Merry Christmas to you too and may the coming year bring about good changes on this planet.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie