Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Two Blues

Two Blues
6x6 inch oil on Raymar panel $125 SOLD

Artist Note
I was invited to go to an
artist friend's house to plein air
paint his beautifully blooming plants
and guess what I found I wanted to paint.
Surprise, surprise...a turquoise chair!
(Anyone who knows my work 
will understand.)


He had mixed varying colors
of blue plant containers ranging from
cobalt, teal and turquoise
and it made a stunning display
of surprising harmony.
Very exciting to the eye and heart.

5 comments:

  1. Great job, Julie. Seems like you are getting your mojo back and recovering from the funk you were in for a while. Bravo, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you, Julie; another successful painting! This is such a happy painting -- and such a "Julie" painting! No surprise, as you say, that you found your turquoise. I love turquoise, too. There's something compelling about that fabulous color...It can be warm-yet-cool, and it always seduces the eye, demanding: "Look at me!" Cheers, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By jove, I think she's got it! Lovely painting Julie. When I see this color of turquoise, many European countries/ cities come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can't pass up painting that colour, it needs to be painted :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are describing my favorite colors, Julie! There is a nursery we stop at on occasion that has gorgeous pots, water fountains, bird baths, etc. all in a mixture of blue colors and others as well. It is always is a stunning scene! I see you are continuing the use of mark-making in your paintings. I like the strength at which you use it.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie