Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Rio Grande at Caballo, NM


The Rio Grande at Caballo, NM

8x6in oil on canvas board $100'

Yesterday I posted the view from more or less the same spot only I was facing west.
This painting needed patience to paint because they would release the water from the reservoir and it would churn along past my spot, all brown with not a reflection in sight. I tried to figure out how long this would take before the reflections came back but then the light had changed so much that I almost gave up. This is such an amazingly beautiful spot I could not do it justice but the joy of painting is... I can keep trying.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie