Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Five Pears


Five Pears

6x8in oil on canvas board $100

Another quick study and when I paint fast it appears the painting acquires softer edges.
This is a brushwork accident and I find it appealing. My basic inclination is to "tidy it up" but I managed to take the photo before doing it... so now it is cast in stone and stays as is.
I think the tendency to tidy up is from my years as an illustrator, when the clients wanted a more finished look for their presentations. One day in the future, knowing me, I will pick this up and start working on it again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie