Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sunrise Study


Sunrise Study

6x8in oil on canvas board 100.

I have enjoyed a couple of beautiful sunrises recently and this one was yesterday. This is what I see from my deck; I feel so fortunate to have a view like this right outside my door!
Sunrise is not usually as intense in color as sunset but when I painted this I held back the color a bit because it was such a vivid orange, which even as I was looking at it, did not look real.
At this stage of the sunrise when the sun has not peeked out yet, the bushes are really dark shadow shapes with a slight glow from the bright sky catching the edges.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie