Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stormy Sky in Tucson, AZ

Stormy Sky in Tucson, AZ.
6x8in oil on canvas $100.

My husband and I drove to Tucson to meet a long time friend, Dave Hon who was there on business.
We had just finished visiting Tubac followed by the spectacular Desert Museum and were heading to the hotel when we saw this stormy sky. We knew it was going to be a doozy of a storm but had no idea so much rain would fall. I think I heard it was 2 inches in less than an hour. Lots of flooded areas. Quite exciting if you are snug in a dry spot but driving in it was scary...especially in the dark when you do not know the area. This morning was amazingly clean and clear. Our friend headed to the golf course and we headed back to New Mexico. I painted this in the hotel room, from memory, before we left.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie