Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Goodbye Yellowstone - Hello Jenny Lake!



Goodbye Yellowstone - Hello Jenny Lake!

6x8in oil on canvas panel   $125.

Oh Boy - just when you think you cannot see anything more beautiful,
along comes Jenny Lake and the Grand Tetons National Park.
We stayed at the Lodge and really had  wonderful time...
wishing we had made this amazing vacation years ago.

Artist Note.

This is a heck of a lot to put into a small format, but I wanted to try it.
I painted it from a combination of sketchbook watercolors and photos.
It has a very brightly colored under-painting which peeps
through here and there.
I used a combination of palette/painting knife and brush.
I use a Hobein knife. Trowel shape,  Series S,
and on these small paintings I use a slant brush.
I used my handy tool to move the paint around first.


Posted by Picasa


9 comments:

  1. Another lovely landscape. Seeing your work reminds me that my line work gives me some limitation when it comes to do loose landscapes, guess I just have to work on it. Great work. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all techniques have some limitations, Roger. Your work is wonderfully loose and full of movement, which I really like.

      Delete
  2. This great sense of space that you know to handle in a small area of paint always leaves me amazed! You are my hero for this! You, Julie, fulfill every day what I see as a "mission impossible"!Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice of you to tell me that. Thank You so much, Rita. Your work is so beautiful it doubles the compliment.

      Delete
  3. Hello, Julie Ford Oliver.

      It is my joy to share your wonderful work.
      And sweet message charms my heart.

      I pray for your happiness and world peace.

    Have a good weekend. From Japan, ruma ❃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely sentiment, Ruma. Thank you. I do pray for world piece too.

      Your blog is awesome.

      Delete
  4. I felt the same way when we were there. this is a grand painting of Jenny Lake. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. Nice to know you feel the same way about the place.

      Delete
  5. I've missed so much! The colors in this one are gorgeous Julie. It must be the underpainting peeping through; it sparkles!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie