Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

After the Storm, Santa Fe.

Posted by Picasa
After the Storm

6x8in oil on canvas 100.

The heavy rain had me running for cover. After it had finished, the arroyo filled so full it looked like a regular stream. As I knew the water would sink into the ground pretty quickly, I took yesterday's painting and wiped out the adobe house and fence and painted the new view.
The hills were actually behind the adobe from my painting yesterday, so I did not need to change the mountains. I used the palette knife for speed and working so fast, this small, does not allow for careful strokes. Even so, I still like the end result.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie