Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Almost Twins

Posted by Picasa
Almost Twins

8x6in oil on canvas 100.

After doing a series of Calla Lilies from life I went back to my photos from Portland
and found these two proud specimens. Very similar in size and shape.
The neat thing I like about these plants versus the store bought Callas, are the leaves.
I love to paint all the leaves with their curvy lines as they make the perfect compliment to the simple, pure elegance of the Calla.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie