Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Freesia Delight



Freesia Delight

$100. 6"X 8" Oil on canvas

My friends know my favorite flowers are Freesias and Calla Lilies
and when my amazing god-daughter and her mother arrived for the weekend they came bearing gifts, one of which were these beautiful, yellow freesias. Even more of a gift...they allowed me the time to paint them!

Colors are "following the color wheel" from oranges into the yellows and then into the greens.
A wee bit of purple added to calm things down a bit.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love your work. Is it all palette knife work or is there any brush work involved?

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie