Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Little Blue Jug



The Little Blue Jug.

6x6 oil on canvas 75.

I really enjoyed painting this sweet little jug partly because the shape is so neat.
As I was working on it I saw several different shades of blue in the glaze which were not apparent to me before.
A little bit of lavender, some cerulean, working gradually into a cobalt. All very subtle variations The potter who made it must have come up with his own recipe.Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie