Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Playing With Color



Playing With Color

6x8in oil on canvas 100.

I am still doing the red studies and on this one I surrounded the jug with sheets of colored tissue paper.
If this were a white jug then all the colors would have reflected back into it but this red, being a deep value, absorbed the paler colors. I did discover that the cool light from the window reflected a lavender color onto the plane facing it.
This was a lot of fun and I enjoyed doing it.
One more red study to do and then I am off to Santa Fe, NM. to paint with some friends for 5 days. I will be sure to keep up with my Painting-a-Day...it will be a good excuse to do some really small plein air pieces.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie