Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Chama River, Abiquiu, NM.


Chama River. Plein Air.
6x8 oil on canvas 100.

Today was the first morning painting in the Santa Fe area. We drove to my favorite spot about an hour north of our casita... between Abiquiu and Ghost Ranch. The light was changing so swiftly that I changed from my brush and worked with a palette knife. The amazing reds of the earth caught the morning light and appeared to be almost florescent. I had to knock the intensity down quite a bit. Anyone who has been here understands how vibrant the colors actually are.
Tomorrow we are painting people. Should be fun.






Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie