Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Cloud Study


Cloud Study

6x8in oil on canvas 100. SOLD

This is a fast cloud study. I say fast because as soon as I started it, it had already changed.
In this case, after I had sketched in the position I then used the colors I saw even though the positions had changed. The large white cloud stayed pretty much the same because it was further away but the patterns of the overhead ones changed very quickly. I love New Mexico clouds at this time of year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie