Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Santa Fe Hollyhocks


Santa Fe Hollyhocks

6x8in oil on canvas 100.

This is the time of year when the hollyhocks are blooming all over Santa Fe. They are beautiful and are painted by most 'realist' artists at sometime or other. It is hard to do anything this small but I decided to put the wall they were growing up against in the painting and later I did a study of only the flowers. Two completely different types of paintings. I will show you the other one tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie