Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ghost Ranch Vista


Ghost Ranch Vista

6x8in oil on canvas 100.


The clouds are starting to gather for the late afternoon storm. There is nothing as beautiful as the summer clouds of New Mexico.This area is known as Georgia O'Keeffe country and the blue, distant mountain is her beloved Pedernal. Lots of artists come here to paint and it is easy to see why with the amazing rusts and ochres everywhere. The greens of the pinon bushes become the accent color.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie