Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Clouds Over the Organ Mountains, NM.


Clouds Over the Organ Mountains, NM

6x8in oil on canvas 100.

This time of year brings wonderful, cloudy skies in the afternoon. Normally we would get rain but, alas, not this year. The drought is taking its toll here too.
This is the view from my studio and I feel very blessed to be able to be able to stand outside my door and paint away.
I was told they are named the Organ Mountains because of the pointed rock formations reminded early settlers of an organ's pipes. Not easy to paint.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie