Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Santa Fe Lane


We arrived in Santa Fe after a enjoyable couple of days in Albuquerque.
My husband is with me on this trip and he is very patient and cooperative when I see something I want to paint. This is one of the many picturesque lanes in this area.
I have no idea why I find the adobe so neat to paint. Why do I prefer to paint these "every shade of brown" houses? It is a mystery but they do make me respond emotionally to their unique beauty.

A limited palette of:
cad yellow light, alizarin, ultramarine, ivory black (for the greens) and titanium white, was used.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie