Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Brass Plate with Pears and Plums


Brass Plate with Pears and Plums

6x8in oil on canvas board $100.

I did this for the Rectangle Challenge on Paintworks. The challenge is to only use rectangular strokes and on top of that - a color change with each stroke. It is a great concept and I tried but failed in parts because I kept forgetting as I became engrossed in the painting and would resume to my usual manner. Will try another one trying to follow the rules.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie