Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mesilla Irrigation Ditch



Mesilla Irrigation Ditch

6x8in oil on canvas 100.


Mesilla is a beautiful and historic small town in southern New Mexico and only a 20 minute drive from where I live in Las Cruces. There are many, many fabulous places for an artist to paint here.
I did this piece before I left for Albuquerque and Santa Fe.

This morning I am in Albuquerque and I painted an old adobe directly across from my friends, Pam and Steve's house where I am staying. I will post the painting tomorrow.

Steve Cox is a writer of science fiction/action adventure books.
Check out his website www.stephenrcox.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie