Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Two Urns



Two Urns


8x6in oil on raymar board $100.

This was a quick study of two urns. I find when I paint quickly like this
it has a different feel to the more carefully finished pieces. I am always interested in how some people - usually artists - prefer the more relaxed painting while others prefer a more finished piece.

I am still working with the same limited palette and the yellow ochre on the front urn was made with the Primary Yellow and a reddish purple made from the Ultramarine Blue and Alizarin.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie