Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Robb's Orchids


Robb's Orchids

8x6in oil on canvas 100.

Our friend Robb, who lives in Santa Fe, has several talents and one of them is having a green thumb. He has quite a few beautiful orchid plants around the house and I had fun with this one.
Orchids and Freesias - both together.
I tried something different with this painting. I mushed the paint around quite freely, aiming for design and color more than actual representation. Then I lifted out some outlines. I enjoyed doing this so much I am going to try the same technique on a landscape.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie