Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Studio Window in Santa Fe


Studio Window

8x6in oil on canvas 100.


My friend in Tesuque is a fabulous artist and this is one of her studio windows painted in the early morning. She has this enormous pot filled with glowing red geraniums. They are so bright that you almost need sunglasses on to look at them. I painted them in the shade but maybe I will try painting them in the sun later.
Her husband has done incredible things with the landscaping. It is all very natural and organic in the curves and rhythms of the different, secluded and shaded areas to read (paint) and rest in...not easy to find in the hot arid air of NM.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie