Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Path by the Rio Grande


Path by the Rio Grande

6x8in oil on canvas board $100.

When I first saw the Rio Grande River I was still living in England. It was in a movie with cowboys driving cattle across it. I can still remember clearly how the stunning beauty of the surrounding landscape and the surging water caught my imagination. It never, ever, occurred to me that one day I would be living near this great river. It is the lifeblood of the farms in this area and it cuts a path of green through the desert of southern New Mexico. I love to walk along its banks and sometimes there are clear spaces where you can see the river and other times are like this pathway.
This is at sunrise. Sometimes I think it is more beautiful than sunset. The colors from the rising sun, although bright, are not as intense and the light from the overhead sky usually casts a gentle blanket of coolness in shadows.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie