Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Compatible!



Compatible!

6x6in  oil on canvas board

These little vases are from Thailand so what could be more appropriate than a bit of leopard pattern to go with them.
After painting the bright colors of the Picasso Rose yesterday, it was quite a change to use earth tones.

Artist Info:
I kept the dark areas as transparent as possible using Transparent Oxide Brown with Ultramarine Blue and for the cloth I did a Transparent Oxide Yellow wash first, then placed the dark spots of the pattern with the same dark mixture.  For where the light was hitting, I came back in with Naples Yellow to negative paint around the black leopard spots and used a cool mixture for the shadows.
As I am trying to paint in a looser fashion I was careful not to make everything perfect and hard edged.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comment on Apples and stripes it is so encouraging BUT above all thank you for all your generous explanations on your paintings.
    Monique
    PS I always wonder how do you manage to keep your colours not contaminating each others on such a small area?

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie