Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Apple Blossoms



Apple Blossoms

 11x14in demo -  not for sale

This was the afternoon demo on Monday.
I used another oriental inspired vase as I think it enhances the beauty of these blossoms.

Artist Note.

This was started with a pink tones canvas and then I lifted out the basic design using a cloth
wrapped around my finger- same method and steps as on previous blog.

I went into a tiny bit of fracturing on the flowers and background.
Still exploring how to do that.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Of course the painting is stunning Julie, but her I really love the luscious richness and color of the background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I SO admire your brushwork! Apple Blossoms has such a shimmery loveliness, very nice!!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie