Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Caught Napping!



Caught Napping

7x5in  oil on canvas board  Not for Sale

This is for the Daily Paintwork challenge of a seated figure. It was from a photo taken in Mexico. The poor woman sat and fell asleep in the blink of an eye. I miss the days we could go over to Juarez for a meal or shopping.


Artist Note:

I was about to throw in the towel but decided to just go with it. I am going to work on this some more in a different technique. I have to give it some space/time to see it clearly.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this a lot! The edges are great and so is the slightly slumped position of the sleeping figure. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie