Sunflowers and Pomegranates
13x10" watercolor on Yupo paper
On yesterday's post I mentioned how I had just
been given some fresh pomegranates and
would like to TRY adding one to this painting.
It is on Yupo and it's plastic surface makes it easy
to lift off a previously painted area See below
I formed the shape I wanted with a
damp paper towel. I also removed the sunflower
resting at the bottom of the jar.
Next I placed the actual pom in the position
I thought would be best
Naturally... and I know you will ALL understand this...
other changes then started to happen.
It seems pretty impossible to make a change
without the eye noticing all the other areas
effected by the new shape and color.
Also it is a sunny day and my set up
appeared much brighter.
One back pear disappeared.
The jar became slightly wider
A cooler blue was added - so much for
limited palette! Other colors and shapes
(I do enjoy a warm and cool of each primary.)
I sharpened up some edges
and softened others.
Below is the one before the changes
I have to live with this new version for a while
to see how I feel about it.
I do know I am glad that I tried the pom addition.
Bit more energy.