Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Cactus ll


Christmas Cactus ll     SOLD

6x6in  oil on canvas board  85.

This is where personal taste comes in. I posted the cactus below, yesterday, and  painted the more realistic version, top, today. I certainly know which one I had more fun and satisfaction painting.
This was a good exercise for me because I am in the process most artists go through to find their "voice" Only by trying different methods then analyzing both my emotional and visual response can I continue to grow.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie