Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Clementines and Freesias



Clementines and Freesias

7x5in oil on canvas  90.

Trying to do a full still life in such a tiny space was an interesting and challenging experience. I usually zoom in to have more of a close-up type view.
I used a brush all the way through as the details were too small for me to comfortably use my knife.
 I find using an angular shader is excellent for this type of work. The one I used was size 3/8. Any thin lines are easy using the tip and I blend colors by dipping into two different colors - one at each end, and apply with a simple stroke.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie