Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Strawberry Treat


Strawberry Treat

6x6in oil on canvas board  SOLD

What a treat -  finding these wonderful strawberries even though they are out of season. I tasted one and they are delicious.
We will be having them for dessert so I had to be quick painting them.


Artist note:
I washed them and painted them while they were still wet so I could try and capture the juicy look.
The seed pockets break up the shine so it meant I had to really study the patterns of light first. Then, remembering it is a painting, I tried to make them not too stiff or like a photo. 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. La nouvelle télévision est très high-tech.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie