Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Ray of Light on the Rio.



Ray of Light on the Rio   SOLD

6x8in oil on canvas board   100.

Another view from the Mesilla Valley; also, another one painted when the late afternoon sun was setting. This time I am facing the north and the sun is catching our barren hills with a beautiful glow. I always wait for the ray of light to fall on the Rio Grande as it cuts between the hills. I have painted this place quite often and during the early winter is the only time this light happens.

Artists Info:
I had a limited palette of cad yellow light, cad orange, alizarin permanent, Ultramarine and titanium white, and used both painting knife and brush on this painting.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. A brilliant painting! Alive and vibrant...very well painted.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie